*Bonus post! Bonus post! Bonus post!*
Today, I’m interrupting your newsfeed, which is probably clogged with nonsense about the summer solstice, the UK’s referendum vote, and Gigi Hadid at the MMVAs in order to clue you in on the really important thing that happened this week: my birthday. That’s right, you’re officially reading the blog of a newly-minted 17-year-old. Wild, right? While the jury’s still out as to wether or not I’ll pass my license test, I have to say I’m genuinely looking forward to being another year older (and wiser? Again, jury’s still out.) It’s been a long year, and I’m excited to use this birthday as a fresh chapter!
So, to celebrate my first full day age 17, I thought it’d be fun to share 17 facts about me. Although I’ve gone into personal stuff on the blog before, I’ve never really done a straight-up “about me”-style post. Given that I’ve been at this for over a year and a half, I thought it was time that you guys- my fabulous readers- got to know some more about yours truly. While writing this post, I tried to chose fun, light-hearted facts that still divulge a bit about who I am as a person…I hope you enjoy!
1. I’m the worst at picking favorites, even when it comes to subjects at school. I can honestly say iI enjoy everything, but I tend to feel most “at home” in English or history.
2. I rode horses from age 7 to my sophomore year of high school, and I plan to pick it up again as an adult.
3. I prefer dark chocolate, and I eat some form of it every day.
4. I write in a journal every night. I tried to start a journaling practice for years, but when I was younger I would get bored with my own stories and turn my entires into fiction stories instead.
5. I’m a huge morning person, and I can’t start my day without a leisurely breakfast.
6. I love languages and currently study two: French and Latin.
7. My favorite gifts to give and receive are books.
8. Speaking of books, I have a aversion to writing in the pages of whatever I’m reading. Instead, I mark favorite quotes or passages with sticky notes.
9. I’m obsessed with British history, including the current royal family. I woke up at 5 a.m. to watch William and Kate’s wedding in 2011 #dedication.
10. One of my all-time favorite shows is The Golden Girls, and can recite many episodes verbatim.
11. Maybe it’s Harry Potter nostalgia, but I find train rides oddly romantic and relaxing.
12. I’m pretty responsible…except when I’m not. I think lost or broke 3 plastic Tervis water bottles this school year alone.
13. I love office supplies. Currently on my “want” list are these Poppin pens!
14. I get really into specific foods, and for several weeks that’ll be all I want to eat. Right now it’s a tie between cherries (so good this season!), sushi, and Sunshine Nut Company’s herb-roasted cashews.
15. In the ancient Indian practice of Ayurveda, I’m a Pitta dosha, meaning I’m governed by the element of fire and skew towards an intense personality.
16. Cupcakes and Cashmere is the first blog I started following about six years ago (!!), and I still read it every day.
17. Okay, last one: I started blogging on a complete whim, at 1 in the morning almost two years ago. Since then, A Style Study has become my rock, the thing that keeps me grounded when everything else feels crazy and overwhelming. Regardless of wether you’ve been reading since the beginning or if it’s your first time here, I want to thank you for sharing this journey with me! I love you all.