Happy Saturday, dear readers. Today I am interrupting the regular flow of traffic here on A Style Study to talk about something that’s got me very excited: I was nominated for the Liebster Award! For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster is a chain award meant to help bloggers connect with one another. I myself was nominated by the lovely My Creative Resolution. Thank you for thinking of me!
So here’s how it works: As part of the award requirements, I am share eleven facts about myself, and also answer eleven questions posed by the blogger who nominated me. After that, it’s my turn to nominate a few bloggers I admire, and come up with questions of my own. Ready? Here goes…
11 Facts About Me
1. I eat everything with a fork and knife…even pizza
2. I make a to-do list for every day of the week
3. I’m an only child
4. I’m a dessert lover; I have dark chocolate every night
5. I love to read, and I’m normally engaged in more than one book at a time.
6. I cannot focus on a television show unless I am doing something else as well. Normally this involves scrolling through Pinterest or Tumblr
7. I have every issue of every magazine I have received in the past year. I can’t throw them out! I like to go back and look at old stories and editorials.
8. I’m probably the last teenager on Earth who doesn’t use Snapchat
9. I catch up on my favorite blogs over breakfast each morning
10. No coffee for me! I’m a tea drinker
11. I started my blog on a complete whim. My first post went up at one in the morning!
And, because you need to know more about me, my answers to My Creative Resolution’s eleven questions:
What is the most beautiful place you have every visited?
Ugh, there’s so many! My first instinct is to say Paris, but every place I’ve been is so unique and beautiful in its own way.
What is your favorite food?
I really love the chicken burgers my mom makes. We got the recipes from Gwyneth Paltrow’s book It’s All Good, and they’re both easy to make and delicious. As we near summer, I’m looking forward to eating them more often!
What is your happiest memory?
This is a tough one…but I might have to go with a day back in September. It was Friday, my favorite day of the week, and it was one of those days when everything just went “to plan”. I got a good grade back, won my tennis match, etc. I remember feeling so contented at the end of it(I celebrated with pizza, of course), and that day still sticks out in my mind as one the best ever.
Who is the most special person in your life?
Aside from my parents, I would have to say that my grandparents are very important to me. I’m lucky that I grew up getting to see both sides of my family regularly, and I’ve developed close relationships with my grandparents over the years. They both have so much wisdom to share and love to give…I can’t imagine my life without them.
What activity makes you happiest?
Right, now I’m obsessed with tennis. I’ve been working hard at improving my game over the past several months, and have really connected with that sport. I look forward to playing all week, and even when I don’t do well I can’t wait to get back out there.
What is your most treasured item?
I’m a “thing” person (read:hoarder); I like to be surrounded by items that make me happy. With that said, everything I own has its own sentimental value. I don’t think I can choose just one!
What is your favorite spot in your home?
A year ago I would have said my bedroom, but right now I love hanging out in our kitchen. It’s the center of all the “action”, not to mention by far the prettiest room in the house. I love being in there, wether its just eating dinner or watching the cooking channel with my mom.
Where do you wish you could travel to?
There are so many places! Croatia, Scotland, Ireland, Italy…I’d love to explore Russia via the Trans-Siberian Railway. I’m also dying to see more of England and France, specifically Bath, Oxford, Canterbury, Avignon and the Loire Valley.
What dream do you have for yourself?
More than anything, I hope that I create a life for myself that makes me feel fulfilled each and every day.
What is your favorite TV show?
I love everything Shonda Rhimes has done…Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder. I just started Mad Men on Netflix and am totally addicted. It makes me wish I grew up in the sixties! I’m also enjoying the British crimes series Luther, which is also available on Netflix.
What is your favorite book?
You can’t make me choose! There are so many. I’ll always treasure books that I read as a child, like the Harry Potter series and The Boxcar Children. In terms of what I like now, I have a soft spot for the classics. I read Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility last summer and it blew me away. I’m also really into biographies/memoirs right now. I just finished Empress of Fashion, which is about the life of Diana Vreeland, and am currently reading Eleanor of Aquitaine.
Okay, enough about me. My nominations are…
All of the above bloggers run excellent sites that I myself enjoy visiting on almost a daily basis. Keep up the great work, guys! But, before you do, be sure to answer the following questions:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
3. What has surprised you most about blogging?
4. If you have to describe your style in three words, what would they be?
5. This one I’m stealing from one of my favorite other sites, The New Potato: Describe your ideal food day, from morning till night.
6. What are your dreams for the future, both for your blog and yourself personally?
7. Who are your “icons”? This could apply to style or blogging specifically, or simply be people you look up to.
8. Summer is coming up! What are three things you are looking forward to in the warmer months?
9. What has been your proudest blogger moment so far?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you?
11. Lastly, in honor of spring finally being upon us: What’s your favorite flower?
Congratulations, nominees! And, once again, thanks to My Creative Resolution for nominating me! I was so honored and it was such fun both answering and coming up with my own questions.
Have a happy rest of your weekend!